Sunday, March 27, 2011

86.5 and still going strong

Today I woke up with a start at 7 am. I was dreaming of work. And how to do it. Before that, I had a weird dream that Sis got pregnant and she was shocked to find it out through the pregnancy tester.

The weird things that come up during a dream eh? Not that work was weird or anything.

Anyway today I did the usual, strip off while wondering whether specs count for something on the weighing scale and weigh myself.

86.5 kg. A fine sight indeed. I think if I continue eating the beef stew today and compliantly for the rest of the meals, I'll be in a good shape tomorrow.

I plan to work out today too so that I'll hit my 6 times a week for this week. Yay go me.... is that premature to acknowledge myself before it has been done? I don't think so.

I read on a weight loss blog that weight loss is mostly mental. There is the actual weight lost, yes but what drives it, what maintains it is mental. There is a reason why each of us wants to lose weight. And yet after losing the weight, it's common to find people who still think that they are fat. Their self image has not been updated at all.

I get it. My mental challenge is about eating in a social setting. Where there is food out there and I am with company, I tend to reach out to eat whatever is there. Cakes, pastries, curry puffs, sandwiches tempt the hell out of me. Yesterday Hubby and I was attending an essential oil massage session and the organizer requested that each of us bring the nibbles.

Although I first thought of buying potato chips (also because secretly I wanted to eat them), Hubby suggested that we buy fruits and healthy snacks like nuts instead. Wise plan indeed since I would be the one reaching out for them.

We bought pumpkin seeds (no one ate it so I brought it back!), honeyed pineapples (omg too sweet for me but Hubby loves it). walnuts (kept eating it because it is my Gatherer diamond food - think I'll buy some for myself!) and wasabi macadamia nuts (gosh I love them though they were avoids).

I want to learn on setting up choices so that I wouldn't set myself up for failure later. Hubby's suggestion taught me a lot indeed. I don't want to be a weird hermit who because of weight loss and food, rejects company, friendship and pleasurable memories. Even when we were eating out on Friday at Crystal Jade, he wanted to pick choices that were compliant.

"We can have our cake and eat it too."

Next weekend, I'm gonna be spending time with my best friend in a luxury hotel whoopee! And I really want to be compliant during that weekend.

I shall tread carefully and wisely.


No comments:

Post a Comment