Saturday, March 26, 2011

New Hobby

Thanks to the new weighing scale that Pa got for us, Hubby and I now has a new hobby. Or rather, I have it and he gets onto it enthusiastically.

The digital weighing scale measures up to 0.1 accuracy unlike our old one. This means no more squinting at the scale, trying to decipher whether it hits closer to 0.5 or 1. Just stand on the machine, wait a while, look down and tada, agony or ecstasy is all yours.

However because it's now so accurate, I have been weighing myself obsessively. Like every day. For someone who used to avoid the weighing machine like the plague in the past, this is a remarkable turnabout indeed.

It also leads to all kinds of tomfoolery or trying to pull a fast one on the weighing machine. Right now our favorite current trick to shed off all clothes before standing on the machine. I have learnt that my nightgown and underwear is already 300 grams. A full set of clothes which includes undergarments and pants, clocks in 500 grams easily.

How's that for instant weight loss?

Anyway sigh, I want to kick myself sometimes. Sigh I clocked in at a decent 86 kg and duh, I was not compliant on a couple of the weekdays. Pizza with my first boss on Tuesday, Royce chocolate (damn you Hubby) and too much rice on Friday. Bleah. *glums*

I was going up to 89 kg, close to 90... OMG how can I gain almost 4 kg in one shot?! Now I am about 87 kg. Doubt that I can fall to 86 tomorrow. Aaaah.


No comments:

Post a Comment