Sunday, March 20, 2011

87.5 kg and still going strong!

Oops it has been ages since I have last written due to a combination of cooking for 3 (myself, sis and Hubby), workload and sheer laziness. Must update more often.

Anyway currently my weight is 87.5 kg, whoo hoo! That means I have lost 4 kg thus far. Although it's not as fast as I would like, it's ok. :)

Due to a combination of Chinese New Year, a weekend cruise and our Bintan holiday, I'm sort of behind by 4 kg assuming that I lose 1 kg a week. :X

But as one of my favourite weight loss bloggers say, weight loss is a mysterious thing. Sometimes we work so hard and yet the gain doesn't feel justified. Sometimes the loss feels undeserved. However just trust that you are doing things right... anyway you are in for the long haul right?

Too damn right!

I like the way how I look now in photos. Kept taking photos after I went past the 90 kg mark.

Given that brother-in-law's wedding is on May 14, I want to be at 80 kg (or lower!) by then! In order to shake things up and not feel bored/stifled by this diet, I have:

1. Switched to the SWAMI Gatherer diet. It's supposed to be better for me and with more food choices given back to me, I wouldn't be so bored or limited by what I have in the blood type diet. At the same time, this customized diet recommends exercise at least 6 times a week (whoa!) and go for sauna at least twice a week which leads me to....

2. Deciding to enroll in a town gym - True Fitness. The main draw for me is the sauna. But the other benefits include working out at lunchtime or even in the morning when I have arrived early. With more variety of machines, various classes available to me, I'll be entertained and challenged a lot longer. That said, I'm already varying my workouts quite a bit. Sometimes it's gym, sometimes DDR (I love Paranoia!) and sometimes swimming does it for me. I love them all and I keep rotating them around to keep myself interested.

The most interesting thing so far in this journey, besides the rapid weight loss, is realising that I do LOVE to workout. I love to sweat, the sensation of pushing myself further to complete the routines and loving the energy and liveliness I feel after a good workout. I've bought a number of G Shock watches to emphasize my interest to be sporty and maintain a healthy lifestyle. The next thing I am looking to buy is a heart rate monitor.

The fact that the gym package will come with a $50 voucher for heart rate monitor doesn't hurt either. ;)


No comments:

Post a Comment