Monday, January 17, 2011

Pitfalls

So after eating virtuously for 6 weeks, I can feel my resolve cracking... because Chinese New Year is round the corner!

Pineapple tarts! Kueh Bangkit! Love letters! Bak Kwa! Omg omg... and unfortunately they are all avoids on my list. *falls flat on face*

Even seafood who usually like me, deserted me this time because I cannot eat abalone. Nooooooo! Now you see why Chinese New Year is fraught with perils and pitfalls for me?

This week I haven't been as compliant. Today it was eating some luncheon meat. And some potato chips at night. Oops. Why did I buy 24 packs of chips if I shouldn't be eating any of them, chili or bbq?! Am I setting myself up for defeat here?

But I don't regret chomping down on the chips. Or the luncheon meat. Or the luscious buttery pineapple tarts that my colleague baked. Or hmm... I think there's a lot of things I don't regret.

One side of me secretly thinks that I should be ashamed, I should count calories (or beneficials in this case) or something. I SHOULD HAVE BEEN IN MORE CONTROL.

The other side thinks, ah you have been such a good girl for a while, just live it up a little. Life's no fun if you just stick to the (O Blood Type) diet book. Which explains why I felt satisfied, not guilty when I finally put away the chips.

I'm sipping green tea now. And recalling that I had blueberries and cherries for fruits. And I ate a salad for lunch today! And a couple of hard boiled eggs for breakfast.

Please kick me if I ever become one of those "counting calories consumed and burnt" kind of girl. Please.


No comments:

Post a Comment