Thursday, January 13, 2011

Why I do this

Given that Os enjoy vigorous exercise which is essential for managing their emotional health as well, I am proud to say that I have been exercising regularly the past 3 weeks.

So if you read my first post, I weigh in at 98.5 kg. Well given that now I am relatively unknown, I don't mind telling you that. Just do me a favor if you know me in real life and don't snigger behind my back.

With the last weigh in, I happily clocked in at 92.8 kg. Yay! Very good for someone who has only done the Candida diet for 3 weeks and the O BTD for 2.5 weeks now and have only exercised 3 weeks out of that. Although I wondered whether the impromptu prune juice I've downed before the last weigh in affected my weighing somewhat. ;)

No matter. It is good progress! For health, my 2011 resolution is to slim down to 65 kg by end of the year. I think if I aim for 90 kg and below by the end of this month, I would be on track, yes?

Tonight I went running with the C25K iPhone program. It's for beginners who want to gradually work up to running 5 km in the future. According to the writeup, if I follow the program faithfully, 3 times a week, I should be able to run 5 km by 2 months' time.

Well all I can say is er I don't really like running and aiming for 5 km is not really my goal. However! My goal is to have as much fun and variety as possible during my workouts and that means doing an occasional run around the stadium if I feel myself getting bored with gym workouts. Not that I am. But I do want to prevent that from happening. Already my routine is taking on a set pattern in the gym.

I have also took on a dance class and every Tuesday, you can watch me groove to the latest hip hop songs in class. Fun! Come to think of it, I really should practice some steps now.

But I digress too much. Coming back to the original topic, why am I bothering to eat healthily and work up a sweat to lose all that weight? It's because of the health scare I had in November.

Realising that my high blood pressure was here to stay, seeing that my skin could not cope with the facial eczema anymore scared the bejesus out of me. I've learnt that if I suppress the body's natural reaction to purse toxins through my skin i.e. eczema, one day it might lead to cancerous tumors... because that's the last resort the body will do to keep the toxins out of the organs. Oh my god.

So yes you can say that I am doing it because I want to save my own life. I know it sounds dramatic, but it feels true to me.

And that's why I do it.

No comments:

Post a Comment